We use cookies to track usage and preferences.

Frequently asked questions

If you've got a question, we've put some useful information all in one place to help. If you can’t find the answer you need here, get in touch and speak to us directly.

Can I pay my account in full?

Yes, you can request a settlement figure if you get in touch. The figure will be calculated and you will be advised what you need to do next.

How can I make a payment?

You can make payments to your account in a number of secure, flexible ways:

  • Direct Debit
  • Online
  • Debit card
  • Cheque
  • Standing order or bank transfer

For more information on how to make a payment please visit ways to pay.

What is the Recoveries department?

Our team work with customers to make suitable payment arrangements in line with customer affordability to help them repay their outstanding balance on terminated accounts.

What is an income and expenditure form?

From time to time you may be asked to complete an income and expenditure form. This form asks you to list your incomings and outgoings so that we can assess affordability and review your payment arrangement.

Affordability is assessed in accordance with guidelines issued by several industry financial bodies (British Banking Association and Money Advice Trust).

You can find out more and download forms on the income and expenditure page.

Can I change my payment date?

Yes, you can change your payment date. We understand your circumstances don’t always stay the same and this may mean you need to change your payment date. We can do this if you get in touch but would remind you that it is important that you continue to make payments every calendar month, regardless of the date.

I’m struggling to make a payment, what can I do?

Don’t worry, we can help. Please get in touch straight away. We will talk through your personal circumstances and discuss the options available. More information can be found in our help centre.

What is the Litigation department?

If a customer is involved in legal proceedings, this team processes appropriate papers on behalf of the business, and liaises with third parties and courts as required.

What happens if I miss a payment?

If you miss a payment then depending upon the type of loan agreement you have with us, you might incur penalty fees or additional interest. Also, your credit file may be affected and this might impact your ability to get credit in the future

We will contact you to discuss your account and assist you if you are facing financial difficulties. You may also find our help centre useful. For those accounts where penalty fees or additional interest could be incurred through late payment, please see our general service fee tariff.

Can I nominate someone to deal with my account?

Yes, we will be happy to discuss your account with any company or person you nominate. However, before we can do this, you need to complete a third party consent form. Once complete and signed please post to:

Idem Servicing
PO Box 16619
Solihull, B91 9TU

If you change your mind and don’t want us to discuss your account with the nominated third party, you will need to get in touch to let us know.

I need advice about my debts, who can help?

If you are experiencing financial difficulties, you may want to talk to an independent advisor. You can find a list of organisations which offer free debt advice and services that many of our customers have found useful on our independent advice page.

My details have changed, what do I need to do?

If you have changed your name then it’s really important that we update your account to reflect this. In order to change the name on your account, we need you to send us an official document showing your new name. You can send certified copies or originals. If you send originals these will be returned by recorded delivery as soon as we have updated our records.

Please send your documents to:

Idem Servicing
PO Box 16619
B91 9TU

How do I make a complaint?

We're sorry that you're not happy and we'd like you to tell us about it so we can work with you to understand what's happened and put it right. Our complaints page has full details on how to get in contact with us.

Idem Servicing is a trading style of Paragon Finance PLC which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered office 51 Homer Road Solihull West Midlands B91 3QJ Registered number 01917566